7.11.2009

Tanya Marcuse : The Body (part 2)

Here are a bunch of the images I took when Nikki and I finally got time to shoot the models...we only had about 45 minutes...30 with the guys and 15 with the girls. It was really exciting to have images to work on that really felt like my own art, not just documentation of the workshops! I tried to really narrow down to those that best showed what we did and those that I like the most...I don't want to overwhelm you all!

Here are some images that I tried to shoot in accordance with the workshop, examining the body. It was definitely outside of my norm and different from the way I'm used to looking at things (I think?):








A lot of the images that we looked at as historical examples and inspiration seemed to focus on muscles, bone structure, and the details of the body that could easily be overlooked. The rest of these are more like what I was used to shooting...

One of our models was Paul; a regular CPW model and yogi (someone who practices yoga). He was incredibly willing to do whatever the students asked...whether that meant climbing up in to branches or suspending himself between two trunks. He was also really interested in seeing the photos each student took, so he (along with Erica) came to our critique on Sunday.




I'm not sure which one I prefer...black & white or color? paul in focus or the envelope in focus?

Miss Nikki in action...



Paul wanted to show us his crazy yoga skills...he was able to hold this pose as long as we needed.

The model here with Paul is Nick. We didn't get any individual time with him, but at the end of our time with Paul, the student shooting Nick asked if we would mind doing a few of them together.



After the day of shooting was 'technically' over, Nikki and I got a quick 15 minutes to shoot the very gracious Amanda and Erica. We began one-on-one and then with both...


(again, b&w or color?)



When it comes to editing, I'm generally pretty liberal - for some reason I can't decide which I like more between this one above & the one below...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy you got the chance to do some work at Carol's house. These are really beautiful!

april said...

ohhhh i really like this new stuff.. to answer your question, i think i like the envelope/letter in focus better.

i think there is value in doing work that is dissimilar than what you usually do, as gina would say. it definitely has the potential to teach you something!